Discover a delicious and easy lemon cheesecake dessert, lightened with Greek yogurt: this a perfect cheesecake and its lively and tangy flavor. The lemon cheesecake is a new favorite dessert in our house!
Why You’ll LOVE this Lemon cheesecake dessert
I’ve made Greek yogurt cheesecakes before, and loved the light and airy texture, plus the tangy flavor it adds. No pun intended, this new recipe takes the cake. The bright and tangy lemon flavor is such a breath of fresh air, and is the perfect spring or summer dessert.
This Recipe Works because:
- Greek yogurt adds protein and lightens up the texture of this cheesecake, while keeping it ultra-creamy and tangy.
- Lemon juice and lemon zest add a bright tang, the perfect complement to the sweet graham cracker crust.
- It’s kept gluten-free by using Gluten-Free Graham Crackers.
- It’s quick & simple to make. The crust needs just two ingredients — graham crackers and butter, and the cheesecake uses only five ingredients – cream cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon, eggs, and maple syrup.
- It’s lightly sweetened with maple syrup — you’ll be surprised how perfect it is with less than half the sugar of a regular cheesecake!
How to Bake a Cheesecake
Cheesecakes are baked in a double boiler, also called a double boiler. It is, therefore, necessary to fill a larger pan with water and place the springform pan holding the cheesecake inside the container filled with water.
Using this method allows the cheesecake to cook more evenly without browning, to sink, or to crack. The other edges of the cheesecake will bake at the same rate as the center. It also keeps the cake from drying out or becoming rubbery.
I baked this cheesecake in my Sharp Superheated Steam Wall Oven. This luxurious appliance has a water bath setting, so the process is relaxed, less mess, and works even better.
The oven cooks with a combination of convection heat and superheated steam, so all foods come out moist.
I’ve been using this oven for almost a year now, and love it for just about everything, but especially cheesecakes, muffins, and meats, like whole chickens. I have so many recipes to share with you soon using this fantastic appliance!
To Prepare the Cheesecake:
Step 1: Process the graham crackers into crumbs using a food processor. Add the melted butter and pulse a few times to mix into the crumbs. Once you have this done, add it to the bottom of a springform pan. Press the crumbs down to form a base layer, and then set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the cheesecake by adding the cream cheese to the food processor. Once the cream cheese is soft and creamy, add the Greek yogurt, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Process to mix it well, scraping the sides as necessary. The last part is to add the eggs and process to combine.
Step 3: Pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan on top of the crust. Cover the cheesecake in foil, which helps the cheesecake steam and stay moist while baking.
Step 4: Bake the cheesecake in the Sharp Superheated Steam Wall Oven. If you do not have a steam oven, add hot water to a large baking dish, and set the springform pan in the water.
Step 5: After the cheesecake finishes baking, allow it to cool, and then refrigerate it for 3 hours or overnight before slicing.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Lemon Cheesecake
- Be sure to take your time making the cream cheese filling. Add the ingredients in different steps, processing well between each addition. The cream cheese won’t be entirely soft if you add all the ingredients in at the same time. Starting with the cream cheese at room temperature also helps.
- Thoroughly chill the cheesecake before slicing it. I prepare it the day before I need it and make sure it chills overnight, still covered in the foil.
- Dip your knife in boiling water before slicing for clean cuts, and wash the blade off, and heat it with hot water again before making additional cuts.
- Serve this luscious, tart, and tangy lemon cheesecake with fresh whipped cream or coconut whipped cream. I don’t sweeten whipped cream – there is no need when you’re adding it to a sweet dessert!
- For an extra burst of lemon flavor, top this cheesecake with a layer of lemon curd. This recipe uses monk fruit sweetener, but you can sub 1/2 cup of maple syrup if you prefer.
- 300 grams gluten-free graham crackers
- Five tablespoons butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese (3 packages)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- One tablespoon lemon zest
- Four large eggs
- Add the graham crackers to a food processor bowl and process until crumbs form. Add the melted butter and process to combine. Press the crumbs into the base of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a clean bowl of the food processor, add the cream cheese and mix until the cream cheese becomes soft, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add the Greek yogurt, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Process until mixture is fully incorporated, stopping to scrape the sides as necessary.
- Add the eggs and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust. Cover the springform pan with a layer of foil.
- Once the cheesecake is baked, allow it to cool, and then refrigerate to chill for 3 hours up to overnight before slicing.
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 997IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg
All text and images © SunkissedKitch